“Behind Enemy Lines” (Guest Preacher – Rev. Chris McNerney)
Scripture: 1 Kings 17:8-16
Group Discussion Questions
- What immediately comes to mind when you think about missions? (including places, people, work to be done) Share your thoughts.
- What do we learn from this passage about God’s activity and involvement in missions work?
- Why does it matter that God sends Elijah to Zarephath? What does that mean about where God wants us, His people, to be?
- How have you experienced God’s grace through your relationships with people who deny Him?
- How does God use Elijah during his time in Zarephath?
- Who are some people you consider to be enemies? How can you serve/pray/care for them better in the days ahead?
- Express how this sermon helps you understand, appreciate and worship Jesus more. In what ways has the gospel become more alive to you having read this passage and heard this message?
- Everybody should formulate a one sentence prayer response and request to everything heard and discussed. Have a few people share what they came up with.